Terms and Conditions
By registering for 87 Afterschool, you agree to the following:
1. The payment for the Spring 2022 term shall not be entitled to any deduction for my child’s absences/early pickup during the term; and that in the event of my child’s withdrawal from 87 Afterschool, I have read and agree to the terms of the 87 Afterschool’s Refund Policy.
2. REFUND POLICY
If you wish to drop a class within the first two weeks of the session, you will receive a refund (less non-refundable registration and processing fees) on the total cost of tuition, including supplemental fees, with written requests received by the 87 Afterschool office, according to the following schedule:
90% tuition refund with written notice received by January 28 at 5:00 p.m.
75% tuition refund with written notice received by February 4 at 5:00 p.m.
50% tuition refund with written notice received by February 11 at 5:00 p.m.
After February 11 at 5:00 p.m., REFUNDS WILL NOT BE GRANTED.
3. COVID-19 POLICY
If PS 87 is closed due to COVID-19, all programs will switch to remote instruction until the school is reopened and normal programming can resume. There will be no refunds or credits for school closure due to COVID-19.
If 87 Afterschool must close due to COVID-19, either temporarily or permanently, there will be no refunds or credits issued.
4. Refunds for participants on payment plans: If you wish to cancel a class or withdraw completely, your payment plan will be updated to reflect any refunds. Those who are not entitled to a refund will not have their payment plan cancelled or altered.
If a payment is declined on a payment plan for a participant that has cancelled a session or withdrawn completely, they will not be allowed to participate in future afterschool sessions until the balance is paid in full.
5. Additional Notice:
All credits/refunds for Shining Star/Rising Star 2019-2020 were issued in Fall 2021. There will be NO further refunds/credits for that program, effective December 17, 2021.
6. Switching classes:
If a student is unhappy with a class and wishes to transfer to another class, we will make every effort to accommodate you. Switching classes is dependent on availability and cannot be guaranteed.
If transferring to another class on a different day, parents will be responsible to pay the difference in cost if the new session is higher than the former session. If the cost of the class is lower, a credit will be issued.
In relation to supplemental fees, any supplemental fees will not be refunded if the student transfers to another class as these fees are paid to vendors and/or used to buy materials. If transferring to a class with a supplemental fee from a class without a
supplemental fee, the supplemental fee will be charged. If the supplemental fee for the new class is higher than the former class supplemental fee, the difference will be charged.
There is a $30 transfer fee for each transaction
7. Late registration refund policy: If you wish to drop a class within the first two weeks of late registration after the initial registration period, you will receive a refund (less non-refundable registration and processing fees) on the total cost of tuition, including supplemental fees, with written requests received by the 87 Afterschool office, according to the following schedule:
75% tuition refund with written notice within 7 days of the registration date, at 5:00 p.m. (Registration date will be the day you receive a confirmation from Activeworks/87 Afterschool)
50% tuition refund between 8 and 14 days of the registration date, at 5:00 p.m.
Refunds will not be granted after 5:00 p.m. on the 14th day following the registration date.
8. 87 Afterschool cannot issue refunds for any class/session not attended or not held due to half-day or full-day closures by the NYC Department of Education;
9. If I applied for reduced-rate tuition, I must verify my eligibility with appropriate documentation; and if I do not meet eligibility requirements, I must pay full-rate class fee(s) and all associated fees to the 87 Afterschool Program;
10. 87 Afterschool requires my child to meet certain standards of behavior and that if my child fails to behave or demonstrates repeated unsatisfactory conduct, 87 Afterschool has the right to transfer my child to another class, or terminate my child’s participation from 87 Afterschool, without refund or credit for unused sessions;
11. If my child is not picked up by 6:00 p.m., I agree to pay late fees of $5.00 per minute according to 87 Afterschool policy, and that my child may be taken to the NYC Police Department’s 20th Precinct in the event no one is available to pick up my child after 6:30 p.m.;
12. If my child is injured and requires medical attention and I cannot be reached for instructions, I do hereby give authority to 87 Afterschool to obtain necessary emergency medical treatment for my child until family is notified or arrives;
13. I hereby release and forever discharge PS 87 (NYC DOE), and 87 Afterschool, Inc. and its officers, volunteers, employees, contractors, and agents from any liability arising out of or based upon any bodily injury or property damage sustained by my child while participating in such program;
14. During 87 Afterschool activities, my child may be photographed or filmed by 87 Afterschool personnel or its authorized agents for internal or external promotional use, including 87 Afterschool social media pages;
Some 87 Afterschool classes may involve trips outside the PS 87 building supervised by 87 Afterschool Staff; I give my child permission to go on any such trips organized as part of 87 Afterschool;
16. In the rare case that a class is canceled due to instructor absence, 87 Afterschool will provide alternative activities for the children; this may include playing at the playgrounds located in or near PS 87.
87 AFTERSCHOOL COVID-19 POLICY
The 87 Afterschool Program will follow all New York City Department of Education policies and procedures as they relate to COVID-19 at the start of the program. The DOE policies and procedures may be updated periodically, and the program will mirror those changes.
Examples of COVID-19 policies include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Daily staff health screenings, including temperature checks
- Daily student health screenings, including temperature checks
- Disinfecting of all surfaces before and after program activities
- Hand washing and/or sanitizing
- Requiring masks for all staff and students
- Social distancing
- Quarantine and class closing requirements
The 87 Afterschool program will have masks and cleaning supplies on hand. If a student or staff member needs a mask, we will provide one.
The 87 Afterschool program will not be offering fully remote or hybrid options under normal circumstances. Remote options will only be available if the school is closed. Individual classroom closures will not result in remote programming becoming available.
COVID-19 REFUND POLICY
- If PS 87 is closed due to COVID-19, all programs will switch to remote instruction until the school is reopened and normal programming can resume. There will be no refunds/credits for school closure due to COVID-19.
- There will be no refunds/credits due to program closure due to COVID-19
- There will be no refunds/credits due to a child missing the program due to individual classroom closure due to COVID-19.
- There will be no refunds/credits due to a child missing the program due to the child testing positive for COVID-19.
- If a child’s classroom is closed, or if a child has been directed to quarantine due to close contact or testing positive of COVID-19, they will not be allowed to participate in the program until PS 87 administration deems them safe to return to normal day school activities.